Joseph J. Magliocco (Joe) is a businessman and attorney interested in not-for-profit institutions.
After attending Yale College where he was a Religious Studies major as well as a Teaching Assistant, he went to Harvard Law School for his J.D. degree.
Upon his admission to the New York State Bar, Mr. Magliocco began his work in the premium beverages industry.
Having developed products in Bordeaux (France), Priorat (Spain), Puglia (Italy), Mendoza (Argentina), Veneto (Italy), Tuscany (Italy), and New South Wales (Australia), Mr. Magliocco has been a Commandeur de L'Ordre du Bontemps de Medoc et de Graves since his 1999 induction in Bordeaux.
With a passion for ultra premium beverages, at Chatham Imports Joe has led efforts to launch brands like Crop Organic (U.S.), Farmer's Botanical Organic (U.S.), Baojing (People's Republic of China), Faretti (Italy), and Marti Autentico (West Indies), as well as to shepherd the historic Michter's American Whiskey Company.
Over the years he has done considerable not-for-profit volunteering with:
The Fresh Air Fund (Investment Committee Chair)
Collegiate School (Treasurer and Board Member).
Walden Woods Foundation.
Joe has a particular interest in fund-raising to provide financial aid for worthy students. Currently Mr. Magliocco serves on the Board of The Fresh Air Fund www.freshair.org
Year of Birth: 1957
Education:Yale College, B.A. Class of 1979. Phi Beta Kappa, summa cum laude
Harvard Law School, J.D. Class of 1982
Professional Affiliations: - Michter's Distillery, LLC: President
- Bulldog Ventures Ltd.: Vice Chairman, Member of Board of Directors
- Chatham Imports, Inc.: President, Member of Board of Directors
- Empire Merchants, LLC: Member Board of Managers
- Commandeur de L'Ordre du Bontemps de Medoc et de Graves
- Speaker: Ultimate Beverage Challenge
- Seminar Leader: Manhattan Cocktail Classic
- Admitted to the New York State Bar
Volunteer Work: - Yale University, named a Sterling Fellow, 2008
- Yale Tomorrow Executive Committee Member
- Yale Class of 1979 25th Reunion Gift Chair
- Yale University Development Board Former Member
- Harvard Law School: Dean's Advising Board Member, Traphagen Distinguished Alumni Speaker
- The Fresh Air Fund: Former Investment Committee Chair
- The Fresh Air Fund: Member of Board of Directors
- Center for Strategic & International Studies: New York City Roundtable member
- Collegiate School: Former Treasurer and Former Board Member
- Walden Woods Foundation: Project Work
Family: -Wife: Allison Fillmore Magliocco
-Son: Matthew T. Magliocco
-Father: Tony Magliocco
-Mother: Josephine Magliocco